Free Consultation & Customised Treatment Plan
Dr Alex Al-Shaikh is a renowned advanced botox practitioner. He regularly performs treatments to improve the appearance of men and women of all ages. Call us to receive a skin brochure explaining all of the available treatments or better still, come and see us for a free consultation so that he can give you a customised treatment plan to make sure you achieve the results you want.
What Are Wrinkle Reducing Injections?
This is becoming one of the most commonly asked for procedures for both men and women. Botulinum Toxin also known as Botox is particularly renowned for its short-term improvement of facial wrinkles and is being used throughout the world in the application of non surgical cosmetic treatments to smooth out unwanted wrinkles and lines.
It is a natural, purified protein that has been used for therapeutic purposes for decades. It is proven to be safe, reliable and effective, which is why it has become so popular.
Botox can only be prescribed by a doctor or qualified Prescribing clinican.
How Does it Work?
Repetitive facial expressions cause the tiny muscles under the skin to contract, gradually creating wrinkles.
When injected directly into these muscles, the injection stops nerve impulses reaching the area and causing further contractions.
The muscle relaxes, which smoothes the skin covering the muscle.
In some cases, with repeated treatments, the wrinkle can actually disappear.
The effects of muscle relaxing injections are restricted to the treatment areas and do not travel throughout the body.
Are muscle relaxing injections painful?
Some people feel some very mild discomfort, but most find the procedure painless. We can apply a numbing gel to the face before injecting if necessary.
Is it Safe?
The U.S Food and Drug administration have approved the use of botox for use in a number of conditions from wrinkles to severe sweating. The doses used for treating wrinkles are about 55 times lower than the toxic level.
Like all drugs Botox can have some side effects, which can include, bruising and swelling. We always take a thorough medical history to ensure that you are suitable for treatment. As all treatments are carried out by Dr Alex Al-Shaikh who has extensive experience using the product you will be in very safe hands.
Each application of Botox takes around 10 or 15 minutes and the results become apparent within 2 to 5 days.
The results should last between 3 and 5 months, and, if the treatment is repeated, this time may lengthen with each procedure.Below are some images showing the before and after results of a client treated with botox.
What areas can Botox Treat?
The most commonly requested areas are the forehead lines, frown lines and crows feet and depending on how much movement you would like after the treatment these three areas can normally be treated with 50 units of botox.
Other treatments that Dr Alex Al-Shaikh regularly performs with botox include:
- Jaw Line Reshaping - Softening the jaw line and giving a more aesthetic and youthful appearance to the face. This treatment can also stop teeth grinding habits.
- Chin reshaping - relaxing bulky/prominent chins and helping remove the visible dent that can appear under our lip as we age.
- Eye Lid Opening - making the eye look more open and bigger! A very popular and simple treatment, which enhances beauty.
- Gummy smile reduction - this treatment lowers the height of the upper lip when smiling. Some people show as much gum as tooth when they smile, which is often not very pleasant. This treatment is a great way of improving your look and very simple also.
- Smoker lines around the upper lip reduction - Botox can be used to soften the lines that appear above our lips as we age, these are often termed the 'smokers lines' as they are generally caused by continual pursing of our lips. However, they do occur as we age even if we are not smoking due to a habit of pursing our lips or if any front teeth have been lost that have caused the upper lip to drop in.
- Bunny Line Reduction - Another very popular treatment to get rid of those unwanted bunny lines that appear on the sides of our nose.
- Excessive sweating reduction - A very effective treatment that reduces sweating and gives confidence to people who have suffered from this problem. Also replaces other sprays and powders that can often not be very effective.
WHAT OUR PATIENTS SAY:
We have been providing professional dental treatement to a very high standard for years. Here's what a few of our patients say about our service:
"I have been going to Alexandra Road Dental Practice for 15 years and couldn't think of a bad thing to say, from the second you walk in to the time you leave you feel safe and welcomed, the staff are fantastic and highly skilled in what they do, I would never go to another dentist after coming here." Valo Connors
"Very pleasant from seeing receptionist to dentist and back to receptionist. Treatment painless. Very pleased with all treatment, teeth look great!" Laraine Denise Burton
How much does it cost?
Our latest prices are shown on our price list page
Find out more or book a consultation
0113 281 8873or email@example.com
Our friendly and knowledgeable team, led by our Practice Manager, Sian Denning, are always happy to help with any queries. Rest assured that your enquiry will be treated as strictly confidential and we'll never pressure you into making an appointment.